Make a difference, join the PTSA!
The JLMS PTSA invites you to join us in making a difference in the education and well-being of our children.
Why Join PTSA?
PTSA membership is more important to the welfare of your child’s education than ever before. Your membership and contribution directly enrich the educational experience your child will receive at John Long Middle School.
In the past, the PTSA has
- provided assistance in the areas of technology and reading, by donating state-of-the-art equipment for classroom use and hundreds of library books for the children.
- provided relevant programs throughout the year to educate both children and parents, on themes such as Reading Incentives and Cyber-bullying.
- coordinated dances and the Annual Talent Show for the students, as well as involving the parents and community in our annual Round-Up Carnival.
- We offer support for our Teachers and Staff during “Teacher Appreciation Week” and throughout the year
- reached out in the community in the spirit of philanthropy with food and blue jean drives, which collect for the needy.
- promote the “Reflections” program, which encourages appreciation for the Arts!
A PTSA E-newsletter!
The PTSA will be sending out e-news with information about events and activities at JLMS to keep families up to date. Be sure to sign up for the PTSA E-news! Sign up here!
Your PTSA membership pays for itself!
By becoming a PTSA member, you will not only be supporting the goals of the PTSA, you will receive:
- A valuable coupon discount card that can be used all year.
- By registering your membership with the National PTA, you can receive discounts on select car rentals, insurance, and more!
- PTSA e-newsletters keeping you up to date as to what is happening at John Long Middle School and the PTSA!
Join us and become a PTSA Member
By joining the PTSA, you are not obligating yourself to anything. You are simply helping the PTSA support the children and school. Although there are no mandatory meetings, we invite members to join us at our General Assembly meetings so that they can have a voice in what the PTSA is doing to better their child's education. Our school wins awards for having a high percentage of parents join the PTSA.
Won't you spend $5-$10 once a year to support John Long Middle School's PTSA with the many programs, events, and improvements that make Dr. John Long Middle School even more successful for your children?
Getting involved is simple: Come to PTSA meetings, join committees, volunteer in the classroom, and lend your time and talents to the Longhorn community. Together we will ensure that your child has the optimal learning experience.
- $10 Dual memberships (2 people)
- $5 Single membership (Parent, Student & Teacher)
- $25 Business membership. Businesses can have a larger impact by becoming a Longhorn Super Star.
Download the Membership form and send it in to school with your payment!